Communication With Parents
Parents of St Martha’s Catholic Primary School Strathfield are encouraged to regularly check Compass for important information which will be continually updated.
Information and community news can be accessed through a fortnightly newsletter and Facebook.
To organise a time to meet with a teacher or for any concerns, you are welcome to call or send an email via the Contact Us form.
Parent Information Night
In Term 1, a parent information night is set aside to inform parents of classroom programming, management of the curriculum, homework expectations and parent assistance both at school and at home.
At St Martha’s we are well equipped with iPads, and Years 2–6 have access to Google Chromebooks. At St Martha’s, technology is a tool for learning.
Years 3–6 will need to bring their own device to school. Please have a look at our BYOD information to find out more.
Parents and Friends Association
Our Parents and Friends committee (P&F) aims to promote our community and foster a cooperative spirit among parents, teachers and students. The major goal of the P&F is ‘friend-raising’ rather than fundraising, although parents do raise funds to contribute generously to build our community resources.
The P&F committee supports the school by:
- promoting Catholic education by welcoming parents, friends and staff members to be actively involved in the community
- assisting in the provision of equipment and facilities in consultation with our Principal
- providing a forum for parents to raise and discuss issues within the school
- organising hospitality for Grandparents’ Day and for Mother’s and Father’s Day Liturgies
- fundraising each term for specific purposes.