The Family Educator is responsible for:
- nurturing strong and meaningful parish, family, and school relationships;
- implementing new models of supporting the spiritual, social and educational formation of families.
The Family Educator covers the following areas:
- Developing/Enhancing the faith life of the parents;
- Connecting/Reconnecting/Enhancing family engagement in the faith life of the school;
- Supporting family wellbeing.
The Family Educator facilitates the following initiatives:
- ‘meet and greet’ opportunities for parents, such as coffee mornings;
- art and craft workshops focused on feast days, including St Mary MacKillop, St Patrick, Lent, Easter, and the month of the Rosary (October);
- SPaR: Stop, Pray and Reflect, which is an opportunity to stop and take time out for 10 minutes of the day to be with God;
- Christian meditation;
- Sacramental art workshops for parents of our school and parish whose children are completing a Sacramental program
- playgroup (school/parish/community), which is an opportunity for school/parish mums to come together to socialise and have a coffee together;
- guest speakers on topics such as nutrition, transition to high school, and inspiration from people in the community like Sam Clear;
- the students’ Mini Vinnies program through our relationship with St Vincent De Paul.