The aim of the Family Educator is to:
- nurture strong and meaningful parish, family, and school relationships
- implement new models of supporting the spiritual, social and educational formation of families.
The four areas the Family Educator covers are:
- Developing/Enhancing the faith life of the parents
- Connecting/Reconnecting/Enhancing family engagement in the faith life of the school
- Supporting family wellbeing.
The Family Educator facilitates the following initiatives:
- ‘meet and greet’ opportunities for parents, such as coffee mornings
- art and craft workshops focused on feast days, including St Mary MacKillop, St Patrick, Lent, Easter, and the month of the Rosary (October)
- SPaR: Stop, Pray and Reflect, which is an opportunity to stop and take time out for 10 minutes of the day to be with God
- Christian meditation
- Sacramental art workshops for parents of our school and parish whose children are completing a Sacramental program
- playgroup (school/parish/community), which is an opportunity for school/parish mums to come together to socialise and have a coffee together
- guest speakers on topics such as nutrition, transition to high school, and inspiration from people in the community like Sam Clear
- the students’ Mini Vinnies program through our relationship with St Vincent De Paul .